Monday, 16 January 2012

What to do with a week off?

Or, rather, "What can I do on a week off with only an hour (max) of sleep per night?"

So I've finally broken away from work for longer than a weekend. This is new to me. Anyone who has worked alongside me enough will likely state that I pretty much live at work. I'm 'that guy'; the one who is meant to work 8-5, but is in work 6:30-7 on most occasions. I love my job, so all this sudden freedom has me a bit confused and intimidated.

What do you mean I don't have to get up at 5am? Are you sure I don't have to go to sleep by 11? Wow. Just wow. I never knew that time actually continued to function from the times of 11-5am. I always thought the world just stopped until I woke up.

So, as it has been many years since I last had this amount of time off, anyone got any suggestions on things I can do? They must be possible on only an hour or so sleep and not cost the earth. I would have continued with my own project game (TLSW) but lack of sleep is not conducive to programming work.

Suggestions of sleeping more or watching daytime telly will be met with derisive comments and suspicious/dangerous packages in the post. Just thought I should warn you.

Now, have another funny picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment