Sunday, 29 January 2012

Long Time No Speak...

So I realise I haven't been keeping this as up to date as I'd intended. Well, here's what's been occurring recently:

I've had a long required week off from work. Massively relaxing (read not at all) and allowed me to get on with a number of other side projects I've had on the back burner for quite some time. These mainly consist of a dynamically generated content rpg with a user controlled and implemented combat system (yes, I know that sounds weird - I will explain more when it's more finalised) and finishing of the writing on my first epic story.

Now, the story is something I've been cooking up for a long time. It's an amalgamation of a number of different works and short stories that I have done in the past - some published online and some not - combined together into a more coherent and lengthy singular piece.

I'll be posting a small snippet of it, say a couple of chapters or so, in the next few days. Suffice to say these snippets will be old drafts of the work, as I want to keep the finalised versions quiet for now. It's a break from what I normally write and falls more into the realms of psychological/crime thriller more than anything else. It'll be interesting to see what sort of reception it gets.

Apart from the above it's been business as usual. Apart from going to the cinema. Not been in years and now suddenly I'm trying to go every week with a friend. It's been great to just get out of the house for something other than work.

Oh, and I've decided to go to a lot more gigs this year. Alestorm next month, Andrew W.K in Apil and DJ Yoda (after his fantastic set at the company Christmas party) in May. And that's just for starters.

Well, that's it for now. Have another cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment